The original snapshot was printed on patterned paper. You see little regular hexagons in the before image. Patterned prints are a pain to retouch so I removed the patterns with Affinity Photo's FFT filter. After removing patterns I balanced colors. This was more of a chore than expected. I tried a number of programs, Affinity Photo, Picture Window Pro and finally Lightroom. I liked the Lightroom result the best. I reloaded the color balanced image back into Affinity and fixed defects. The print has a large color stain that shows on the carpet. The original negative must have been damaged. I recolored the rug and painted it back into the picture. Whenever I heavily edit an image I create a before and after to reassure myself that my edits were worthwhile.